This is a job posting for our friends at Worton Organic Garden and Farm in Oxford. This is not a Kitchen Theory role.
Contract: Full-time (Wednesday – Sunday)
About Worton Organic Garden
Five miles north-west of Oxford is Worton Organic Garden, a seven-acre market garden providing the local community with an astonishing diversity of seasonal fresh vegetables, herbs, fruit, eggs and flowers. Worton Organic Garden is on a mission to “become the change we want to see.” It is where diversity is nurtured – often by trying things out, and sometimes by simply encouraging the plants and creatures that arrive on their own. We like to think the garden is a practical contribution towards a healthier, fairer and more beautiful world.
The eatery serves the freshest possible produce from the land for up to 50 covers. It is open for lunch from Friday to Sunday and occaisional dinners on Friday and Saturday for special events.
We are looking for an ambitious and experimental chef to run the kitchen and work the Gardens to turn the excellent array of fine produce into something truly delicious. You must have a keen interest in cooking great seasonal produce and working in the midst of a most unique environment.
The Gardens love to experiment with the growing and also want a chef to join who has an interest in experimenting with the ingredients, particularly preserving (fermenting, drying, smoking etc).
- Daily food preparation and cooking
- Managing the day to day kitchen operation
- Managing the inventory and ordering
- Work closely with our very talented horticulturist and baker/pastry chef to develop the seasonal, weekly menus
- General upkeep of the kitchen hygiene standards and HACCP
- Culinary qualification
- Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene certificate
- Previous experience at running/working in a small operation
- Independent and hard working
- Experimental and detail orientated
- Right to work in UK
- Full time hours working set days from Wed – Sun
- This is an autonomous role with ample opportunities to experiment and innovate.
- Salary package up to £25k per annum depending on experience.
If this sounds like a job for you, please complete the form below :