SAMSUNG – SPACE SELFIE
As part of Samsung’s Galaxy 10 launch campaign the ‘Space Selfie’ in collaboration with super model Cara Delevingne. Kitchen Theory was tasked with developing a range of themed canapes and cocktails for the official ‘Space Selfie’ event hosted at Samsung’s flagship Coal Yard Drops, King’s Cross experience store in London.
To develop and serve a range of space themed canapes and cocktails for 300 guests.
After extensive research into the history of foods in various international space programs, a look at future space foods and taking influence from South Korean flavours and dishes (as a nod to Samsung’s South Korean home) we designed a series of canapes that reflected Samsung’s innovative spirit and were in keeping with the space theme. The cocktails were a selection of space age cocktails served in bubbles, frozen in liquid nitrogen shots, and in space age pouches. The cocktails were designed with showmanship in mind intent to create a lively bar feel within the space.
Space Bar (theatrical, cocktails & small bites, served at the space bar)
- Flaming comet – Coffee, vodka, marshmallow, kaluha
- The Nebula – smoked whiskey cocktail; shiitake mushroom, maple, whiskey, ice ball, Angostura bitters, candied orange peel, smoking gun, wood chips
- Galaxy Prosecco Cocktail – purple shimmer, kier (black current liqueur), prosecco
- Cosmic Sunrise – colour changing gin cocktail: gin (infused with pink peppercorn, tonic, lemon, b’lure (pea flower), ice, rosemary
- Dragon Breath Comet – liquid nitrogen frozen meringue, Irish cream espuma, liquid nitrogen
- Galaxy Glow Spheres – spherifications (alcohol & non alcohol) UV glowing
Canapes (served from the Samsung kitchen and on circulated trays)
- Galaxy bread – chia seed paté with crystal bread, veg caviar, quail egg (V, GF)
- Space food – Borscht risotto (V)
- Asteroid Rocks – baby potatoes coated in clay and served with aioli (V, GF)
- South Korea Goes to Space – Kimchi ramen noodles
- South Korea Goes to Space – Bulgogi bao buns
- Black Hole Doughnuts with Galaxy Glaze (V)
- Astronaut’s Delight – ice cream, freeze dried fruits (V, GF)
- The Solar System – Cake pops (V)
March 21, 2022